Your donations support student and parent leaders across Austin as they work to improve our public schools.
Austin Voices Programs and Initiatives
Austin Voices for Education and Youth is currently focusing our work of strengthening schools and expanding opportunities for Austin’s youth by organizing around and implementing four goals:
- Encouraging School Reform by organizing parents, students, teachers and community members into community-based planning teams
- Buidling a new generation of young leaders through the Stand Up program that trains youth mobilizers
- Supporting families to reduce social and economic barriers for students through four school-based Family Resource Centers at Reagan, Webb, Pearce and Dobie
- Increasing the odds for graduation through dropout prevention with outreach specialists at Travis, Lanier and Reagan
Austin Voices provides vital support services for low-income students, families and schools – but we can’t do it without you!
Here’s what your contribution can do:
- $25 provides healthy snacks for an after-school program or parent meeting.
- $50 supports a day of English as Second Language classes for non-English speaking parents, promoting increased family engagement and improved employment opportunities.
- $75 provides monthly bus passes for five families, ensuring crucial transportation to work, doctor’s appointments, groceries and other basic needs.
- $100 sends a promising student to leadership camp at a local university, setting the stage for future success in higher education.
- $250 provides a week of emergency housing for a struggling family, offering critical stability to keep students in school and learning.
- $500 provides a month of staffing for essential programs to develop student leadership skills at low-income high schools and middle schools.
Click here to make a donation through Razoo.
Click below to make a donation through PayPal: