Since 2003, AVEY has pioneered youth leadership programs across Austin called “Stand Up Clubs” that help students identify and mobilize around issues of importance.
Other AVEY youth programs have included:
- Arts Empowered after school program
- Project AIM middle school program
- Ambassadors student leadership program at Eastside Memorial High School
- Just Keep Livin’ after school program (in partnership with the Just Keep Livin’ Foundation and Matthew McConaughey) at Reagan High School
- Boy Scout Troop 6 (Waterloo District) at Webb Middle School
The youth-adult collaboration style of Austin Voices, demonstrated in our Youth Focus Groups and other projects, puts young people side by side with adults. We have an approach to youth-adult collaboration that provides the space for deep youth involvement while also providing space for strong staff strategic support. Austin Voices youth leadership approach has been recognized by the Forum for Youth Investment as one of ten national best-practice programs (2011).
For more information about bringing after school or other AVEY youth programs to your campus, contact Gabriel Estrada at email@example.com.