In Summer 2015, Austin Voices was awarded one of 11 federal Full-Service Community School 5-year $2.5 million grants to support four schools in the Lanier HS feeder pattern: Lanier HS, Burnet MS, Cook Elementary and Wooldridge Elementary.
The goal of the grant is to strengthen families, increase academic success for students and build community engagement for the Lanier Vertical Team.
Specifically, the grant will provide:
- A new Family Resource Center at Lanier HS, providing wraparound family services and adult education
- Full-time Community School Coordinators for all four campuses to recruit and coordinate student and family support services
- Both day and evening adult education classes, including ESL, GED, Computer Basics, Job Readiness and Effective Parenting
- Stronger engagement with parents and community partners to support student success
- Reduced Student Mobility
- Increased Graduation Rates
- Increased Academic Perfomance
- Increased Enrollment and Attendance
Upcoming Lanier Full-Service Community School Initiative Events:
- November 20 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- November 21 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- December 14 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
For other upcoming events/meetings, please click here to see the AVEY calendar.
To become involved as a partner with the Lanier effort, please email our team:
- Yeraldin Yordi, Burnet Family Resource Center Director
- Kellen Begin, Community School Coordinator, Burnet MS
- Jocelyn Connell, Lanier Family Resource Center Director/Community School Coordinator
- Socorro Carrasco, Community School Coordinator, Cook and Wooldridge ES