RISE applications begin May 11.
Solicite RISE el 11 de mayo.
NOTE: All RISE FUNDING FOR AUSTIN VOICES HAS BEEN EXPENDED. PLEASE CONTACT 2-1-1 FOR ADDITIONAL PARTNERS WITH FUNDING.
Austin Voices for Education and Youth has been awarded funding by Austin Public Health to provide financial assistance (payments to creditors for bills and up to $100 in gift cards) for families affected by the COVID-19 crisis. If you meet the criteria listed below, please complete this form to be put on the waiting list. As funding is available, someone will contact you to do a phone screening. If you qualify, you will be scheduled for an intake appointment by phone. You will be required to submit to complete the necessary documentation.
- You did NOT receive an economic impact payment under the federal CARES Act
- Unemployment assistance, CARES Act assistance, or other forms of assistance are insufficient or not timely
- Your total household income is LESS THAN 200% FPL
- You have a student enrolled IN one of these AISD schools (Barrington ES, Brown ES, Burnet MS, Cook ES, Dobie MS, Graham ES, Hart ES, LBJ ECHS, Martin MS, Mendez MS, Navarro ECHS, Northeast ECHS, Pickle ES, Walnut Creek ES, Webb MS, Winn ES, Wooldridge ES)
- Your family has been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis
Austin Voices for Education and Youth ha recibido fondos de Austin Public Health para proporcionar asistencia financiera (pagos a los acreedores por facturas y hasta $ 100 en tarjetas de regalo) para familias afectadas por la crisis COVID-19. Si cumple con los criterios enumerados a continuación, complete este formulario para incluirlo en la lista de espera. Cuando haya fondos disponibles, alguien se comunicará con usted para realizar una evaluación telefónica. Si reúne los requisitos, se le programará una cita de admisión por teléfono para completar la documentación necesaria.
Criterio de elegibilidad:
- NO recibió un pago de impacto económico bajo la Ley federal CARES
- La asistencia por desempleo, la asistencia de la Ley CARES u otras formas de asistencia son insuficientes o no oportunas
- El ingreso total de su hogar es INFERIOR al 200% del FPL
- Tiene un estudiante matriculado en UNA de estas escuelas de AISD (Barrington ES, Brown ES, Burnet MS, Cook ES, Dobie MS, Graham ES, Hart ES, LBJ ECHS, Martin MS, Mendez MS, Navarro ECHS, Northeast ECHS, Pickle ES, Walnut Creek ES, Webb MS, Winn ES, Wooldridge ES)
- Su familia ha sido impactada negativamente por la crisis COVID-19
CLICK HERE to apply for RISE funding.
Haga clic aquí para obtener asistencia financiera de RISE
Note: This page will be updated often. Austin Voices Facebook page is the best source of daily news and volunteer opportunities.
CLICK HERE to volunteer at upcoming Austin Voices food pantries.
Webb MS FRC, 5/6 @ 9:30am @ 601 E. St. John, 78752
Burnet MS FRC, 5/6 @ 9:30am @ 8401 Hathaway Dr., 78757
Navarro HS FRC, 5/11 @ 4pm @ 1111 Fairfield Dr., 78758
Webb MS FRC, 5/20 @ 9:30am @ 601 E. St. John, 78752
Burnet MS FRC, 5/20 @ 9:30am @ 8401 Hathaway Dr., 78757
Navarro HS FRC, 5/26 @ 4pm @ 1111 FairfieldDr., 78758
Dobie MS FRC, 5/27 @ 8:30am @ 1200 E. Rundberg Ln. 78753
For information on how to volunteer, donate gift cards, or to donate financially support families, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The COVID-19 situation, as well know, is changing daily and affecting our schools and families in extreme ways. Our schools are closed for the remainder of the school year, affecting the ability of low-income parents to work and care for children. Stay-at-home recommendations may ease gradually, but most public spaces remain either closed limiting their use. The service industry, and the hospitality industry in particular, have cut back employment.
Austin Voices, in partnership with city, county, nonprofit and community partners, is working on the best ways we can support families in both the short-term and long-term. Our Family Resource Centers, which support approximately 4,000 families each year, have adjusted from a walk-in to a phone and video chat model. We are continuing to serve families through food pantries, in partnership with the Central Texas Food Bank, held at one to two campuses each week, with 300-500 families served at each site. We are also supporting large distributions by the Central Texas Food Bank. Recently, we also began distributing new books for children at our food pantries.